Monday, September 4, 2017

'Twas the Night Before

Although this will be my fourth year teaching, tomorrow will be my seventh first day of school as a teacher when I include first days as a summer school teacher.  And it's a strange feeling this year.  The nervousness and anxiousness are certainly there, but there's more excitement this year.  More anticipation.  It makes me uneasy to even think the words, "I'm ready," but I definitely want to go back!  It's like I'm not feeling completely new at this anymore.

Maybe it's because this is the first year that a new-hire is younger than me.  Maybe it's because I've got a collection of activities that I know I can pull out if we have awkward amounts of time left in class.  Maybe it's because this is the first year that my team of teachers is staying completely intact.  I'm not sure what the difference is, but I think back to my first year teaching - the year that I told myself I would do my best, but I was still testing out if this teaching thing was really for me - and I am SO GRATEFUL that this is where I ended up.

Happy First Day Back!


No comments:

Post a Comment