Saturday, December 23, 2017

Pythagorean Theorem Converse Maze

I recently tweeted a #teach180 picture of a maze I created for my students to practice using the converse of the Pythagorean theorem.  I had originally hand-drawn my version of the maze after seeing the Combining Like Terms Maze that Sarah Carter used with her students, but when my photo got a fair bit of attention, I figured I'd type up a nice copy of the maze to share.

https://twitter.com/jaegetsreal/status/941407458895060994

Version 1 of the maze lists side lengths in numerical order, meaning the numbers can be substituted in directly for a, b, and c.

Version 1 - sides in numerical order

Version 2 of the maze lists side lengths in random order, so students will need to determine which sides to substitute in for the legs and which side to substitute in for the hypotenuse.

Version 2 - sides in random order

View/Download: Right Triangle Maze


2 comments:

  1. Used this as an intro activity for my Geometry students. Great activity! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear it was useful for you and your students!

      Delete