Sunday, March 18, 2018

Clearing Fractions from Equations Notes

When I jumped into blogging and the world of Twitter at the beginning of this school year, I couldn't imagine how much these two outlets would help me grow.  I love learning from other teachers' experiences, and I love being able to share my resources with other teachers as well.  As I find myself feeling too busy to blog some days (or, let's be real, some weeks...okay, maybe months...), #teach180 reminds me that while reflecting on lessons and my teaching practices is helpful for me, sometimes simply sharing my daily resources (and using resources and activities that other teachers have shared) can be even more beneficial to the community as a whole.

With that said, today I am sharing notes that I used with my students in our multi-step equations unit.  I don't have much to say about these notes other than feel free to use them if you teach students how to solve equations containing fractions by clearing the fractions and solving an equivalent equation with integers.  The notes are available to download as a PDF or an editable Publisher file.



Additionally, I'm sharing this homework assignment that I used with students before we completed the notes above.  This assignment was used to prepare them for clearing fractions from equations.  It gives students a chance to find the LCM and LCD, multiply fractions by whole numbers, and use the distributive property with fractions.


View/Download: Clearing Fractions from Equations Notes and Preparing for Clearing Fractions Assignment


No comments:

Post a Comment