Friday, August 18, 2017

Inspired by...

I've been a huge fan of Sarah Carter's blog at mathequalslove for years.  Seeing as she's the reason I'm finally here trying out this whole blogging thing for myself, I thought I'd model my first post after one of my favorites of hers: Things Teenagers Say.  I mean, how can you not smile reading some of the gems kids say!  Alas, (who knew I was the type of blogger to say "alas?"), it is still summer and I am not around many kids, so here are some of the most memorable from years past.



[I had three students named Christian who all spelled their name differently - one of them gives me his yearbook to sign]
Student A: Ms. Ess, will you sign my yearbook?
Me: Of course.
Student B: That's actually my yearbook.  See, it has my name.
Me: Really?  That's your name?  I've gone the whole year thinking your name was B when it was really A?
Student B: Yep.
Student A: (covers up the name on the yearbook) So how do you spell your name then?
Student B: ... C - h - 
Student A: Wrong! 


[class competition to see who could recite the quadratic formula from memory to the most people]
Student A: I took a video of myself saying it to my dog.  Does that count?
Student B: Is your dog a person?
Student A: Yes.


[in regards to state testing - not sure how I should take this one!]
Ms. Ess, look! This is the first time I ever thought I'd see something I've actually learned on this test.

 
[seeing the flower arrangement on my desk]
Whoa, Ms. Ess, did you meet someone?!


[well, I do love math...]
Ms. Ess, I hope one day I meet someone who looks at me the same way you look when you talk about math.  

 

2 comments:

  1. So excited you have jumped into blogging! Looking forward to following along! :)

    ReplyDelete