Sunday, August 20, 2017

The M.A.T.H.E.M.A.T.I.C.S. Behind a Successful Student Poster

I love the S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Behind Successful a Student posters out there.  You know the ones I mean?
https://kidslovescience.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/scienceposter.jpg 

The problem is that I don't teach science and I couldn't find anything out there for math. So, naturally, I made my own.
 
Some of the letters and phrases stayed the same.  And of course, some are new since there are more letters in mathematics than there are in science.  Here it is:


The M.A.T.H.E.M.A.T.I.C.S. Behind a Successful Student
Make an effort
Education is not a spectator sport.  Try your hardest every single day.
Attend class daily
Learning is a process that requires your patience and active participation.
Try new things
A step out of your comfort zone is an opportunity to learn and grow.
Help others
Everyone learns differently.  Use your unique talents to achieve your best and encourage others to do the same.
Engage your mind
Learning is more fun if you have a positive mindset.
Minimize distractions
The more you focus on achieving a goal, the more likely you are to achieve it.
Ask questions
Learning is a process of discovery through cycles of questions and answers.  Be curious.
Try again
Perseverance is the key to success.
Integrity is important
Do the right thing, even when nobody is watching.
Challenge yourself
It is okay to make mistakes.  You may not know what you can do until you try.
Safety comes first
Creating a safe learning environment is the job of everyone in the class.

Feel free to download using the link below.  There are two versions: a 1-page poster and a 2-page poster (for those of you who don't mind some cutting and pasting in order to get a larger version).  My 2-page version fits quite nicely in the window of my classroom door!

View/Download: The M.A.T.H.E.M.A.T.I.C.S. Behind a Successful Student Poster


4 comments:

  1. This is awesome, thanks so much! Sharing with my department. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I've added the google docs file to the download folder to make it easier to edit.

      Delete
  2. This is so great! This is definitely going up in my classroom this year! Thanks for creating and sharing it!
    Math to the 7th Power

    ReplyDelete